Vintage ~ Handmade ~ Homes ~ Gardens

Sunday 11 August 2013

Wonderful Whitstable!

I love Whitstable. It's the perfect English seaside town. A lovely mix of traditional and trendy and when the sun shines it's unbeatable for a day out.





Whitstable has the perfect mix of beach huts, great individual shops (92% of all shops - yey no Starbucks!), a working fish market, boats bobbing in the harbour and laid back cafe culture. How can you resist a place that has street names like Squeeze Gut Alley (harking back to it's smuggler past)?














 As a bonus the regular Seaside Brocante was on when we were there last week and there were some lovely vintage items on sale.












 
                  






You can find out more about Whitstable here http://www.ilovewhitstable.com





3 comments:

  1. I love your header.

    And I now love Whistable.

    I need to come to England.

    xo jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful place ...... and I LOVE oysters, so perfect for me !!
    I haven't been to Hitchen Lavender yet and it's only a short ride away from where we live !!!! Typical !! It is on my 'Places To Visit' list now. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louise,
    Oh, Whistable is so interesting. It looks like it has charming shops - I love the red section. And that Pirates flag is something else! What a fun place to visit.

    Have a good week.

    Love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...