Vintage ~ Handmade ~ Homes ~ Gardens

Monday 19 August 2013

Vintage Vermont

I'm going to Vermont in 6 weeks time ... but first. I bought this lovely tea towel (dish cloth to US readers) in Cape Cod last year and it's been sitting with others in the 'too gorgeous to use on wiping dishes pile' since I got back. This pile includes some beauties from Anthropologie and I just can't bear to use them but don't want to just hide them away. So my Cape Cod tea towel is now a cushion! Simple side seams, secured at the back with a couple of vintage buttons and voila!










Nice huh?

(I just love this bakelite cutlery I bought while I was at the Cape.)



Anyway back to Vermont. I have some time to do a road trip between seeing friends while I'm there. I want to take in the Fall colour and I'm looking for suggestions for where to visit (I'll be based in Burlington and Manchester)while I'm there with a vintage theme - browsing antique stores, old homes etc. I really, really want to see some of these ...




and these...





(There's a bit of a red thing going on here isn't there...)

Anyhow, US friends, your suggestions would be most welcome. Be my tour guide!


                                 xx



3 comments:

  1. I love what you did with the tea towel. I know vermont has many famous landmarks and lots of natural beauty, but I haven't even been there myself. I'm sure you'll love it- especially in the fall. Visiting from Ivy & Elephants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog! Such a beautiful Cape Cod pillow you made! Would love for you to share at Simple & Sweet Fridays. Have fun in Vermont!

    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...