Vintage ~ Handmade ~ Homes ~ Gardens

Saturday 21 April 2012

It's a Hertfordshire Life

Can you feel me *blushing* ?  Remember I blogged about being featured in Hertfordshire Life magazine? Well Mays edition hit the news stands this week and oh my - a four page spread!










It's a lovely feature written by interiors journalist Natalie Flaum. To be honest it's a little embarrassing seeing yourself in print but I don't think I sound too daft! My friends are delighted for me - my dear friend Hildah has been practically stalking the magazine racks of her local supermarket in anticipation!


I was a little disappointed that they didn't include a photo of my kitchen ...




but a little bit of recognition for all the years of making and vintaging is rather special.


I haven't been recognised in the street yet ;-) but my Mum's proud of me in that's what counts!




Linking up with Show Off Your Cottage Monday today

13 comments:

  1. How wonderful. You must be proud, maybe a little embarrassed too but that's fine. Congratulations!

    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a thrill! Isn't it the most wonderful feeling when one is recognized for one's hard work and passion?
    How very exciting and how well devsered as well. I am very happy for you and I love the shot of you sitting on your front step- very charming.

    Any chance that this article will be availabe for online viewing so that your readers from across the pond can enjoy it as well?

    Once again congrataulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hina. Hertfordshire Life have a web page and I should think it will be on there at some point.

      Delete
  3. Congrats - the recognition is well-deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations....how thrilled you must be to see your home and all your effort and talent in print!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. You should be very proud of yourself too!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!..how exciting that you have been featured in a magazine,and well deserved I'm sure.These are the sort of articles I love to read about in the 'Homes' mags I buy.It's so interesting to see how other people decorate their houses and inspirational too.I love your kitchen...I've always wanted a butler sink. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations and greetings from Germany!

    ♥ Franka

    ReplyDelete
  8. How amazingly thrilling! Congrats! Thanks for sharing, I will follow on my way out so I know the path back to your special place. I hope you will find the time to come visit me soon and do the same. I look forward to supporting and engaging together. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  9. FANTASTIC! That's amazing, but SO well deserved! I am desperate to read it - I'll try to see if it's on-line, otherwise, may have to hop into my car over the border into Hertfordshire for a proper search! (Do they sell Hertfordshire Life in WHSmiths in London stations like they do Sussex and Kent Life etc?)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Mrs Sutton! I haven't seen it on sale at Euston station but I think it will go on their website at some point.

      Delete
    2. Hi Louise - I just saw the article via the link you sent me and it's AMAZING! What a fabulous spread, really beautifully laid out - I think that they did a brilliant job - although yes, they missed out on a great opportunity to feature your fab kitchen. I love the last page 'facts' about you page - your Summer house is divine. Well done! x

      Delete
  10. Aw congrats! Your home is so beautiful! xo

    www.luluvintagedaydream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...