Vintage ~ Handmade ~ Homes ~ Gardens

Friday 16 September 2011

Front door dilemma

 Can I ask your advice? This is my front door. It's been white since I moved in 12 years ago.




I've been thinking of having a change of colour for ages (OK years ... I could procrastinate for England), something  soft, pastel, like those lovely washed out pale blue/grey doors that have been so popular in recent years.








So I'd narrowed my choice down to two Farrow & Ball shades - both variations of my favourite eau de nil, blue/green palette.


Blue grey



Pale Powder



But then this picture caught my eye on the Farrow & Ball website.





The door is painted in Skimming Stone




So now I have three contenders. Do you have a favourite? Should I keep it white? 

Over to you...

p.s. Sarah over at the lovely Modern Country Style offers lots advice on using paint over at her new blog for Relics of Witney

12 comments:

  1. Such a lovely choice! I think I like the 2nd one, but that could change! Could you maybe get some samples and paint a patch of each colour, live with that for a week and then see which one is 'you'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm, they're all nice, but I think I like the 2nd one also. What I do is paint a sample of the colors I like and then live with it for a few days, as Amanda suggested. I always have a hard time deciding on colors! Can't wait to see what you choose.
    -Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the third is not enough contrast to your brick. I like the second one. It is a pretty entrance with character!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely paint it. You will be thrilled every time you come home.

    #2.....

    Do it you, you'll never regret it.

    jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh how do we choose? they are all lovely colours, but I think the pale blue,but then I am a blue freak. Happy choosing xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors of Farrow and Ball, all those gorgeous shades, not easy to make a choice !
    And although most prefer the 2nd one, I think
    'Skimming stone' would be pretty too ...
    Wish you a great weekend,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I just knew I could count on my lovely blogging friends for help :-)

    I'm off to get a sample pot of Pale Powder. Amanda and Lynn - you're so right to suggest living with it for a few days. I think I also need to see the colour in different types of daylight, sunshine and grey.

    Thank you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the outside of your lovely home and I agree Pale Powder would be lovely in contrast to the lovely brick :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh please do Pale Powder - it is just so absolutely lovely, and would be so dreamy on your door.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like the Pale Grey! Very classy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello you!

    Do you know what? You've just TOTALLY made my day!! THANK YOU!!!! *big squeeze*

    These are exactly the kinds of colours I love too!!

    Have you considered Farrow and Ball's Powder Blue? It's not officially listed but it's still possible to order it in. It's what our door is painted in and I love it!! Or Dix Blue is good too!!!

    I think Blue Gray would look stunning...but do test Pale Powder first - it's VERY pale. Gorgeous but pale!!!

    I can't wait to see what you choose!!

    i'd love to follow you...but how? I can't see a follow button or gadget? Help!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I see it know - and I HAVE followed you already!! Oh good!!!

    Sarahxxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...