Vintage ~ Handmade ~ Homes ~ Gardens

Friday 5 August 2011

Busy, busy, busy

What a whirlwind of a month July was. On top of the daily grind of work in the heart of London I managed to:


Get the village to read Atonement for a literary event in the annual arts festival
(Isn't James McElvoy swoonsome?)




Took a ride on a steam train




Felt such sadness at the loss of a great singer
(My son took this pro shot a few years ago)




And a great Saxophonist




Sung my heart out at our Rock Choir end of year show at the St Albans Arena
(That's me second right)






Made bunting





Did a lot of laps in this pool - just around the corner from Lilac Cottage




Held a yard sale (it poured with rain - don't ask) aided by my delightful assistant Cosima






Saw Moby at the Apple Store, Regent Street.
(My son organised this event  :-) proud Mum )




Painted the sitting room (it doesn't look quite so yellow as this honest!)




So I think you'll agree I have deserved a bit of a break.
Woohoo -  I'm of to Il-de-Re at the end of the month!






Are you off anywhere nice?
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Wow, tired just reading this:)

    Have a fab holiday.

    I'll be off to Cape Cod and Fire Island, NY.

    Both heaven on earth.

    xo jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've been very busy, Louise !
    I love steam trains !
    Wish you a nice vacation,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...