Vintage ~ Handmade ~ Homes ~ Gardens

Wednesday 6 July 2011

Swan Antiques Bovingdon

There were five antique shops in my village when I first moved here 12 years ago. Now there are none. A sad sign of the times.  So I was pleasantly surprised to hear about a new antiques emporium opening north of here in a converted public house in Bovingdon. Swan Antiques is a lovely new centre selling a mix of traditional and vintage. Stock is spread over three floors, including a rather spooky cellar! I particularly liked the garden area.

I was looking for a small table for the garden. I've been hunting for ages for a vintage style low table to put beside the sun lounger in the garden. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it at the Swan (I think this quest for a table is becoming the holy grail for me) but there were lots of other lovely things to admire. Here are a few photos I took for you.












Just two more working days and then I have two whole wonderful weeks of work - lots of crafting, vintage hunting, and gardening to be done and a trip to Yorkshire too. Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. I like that towel rail...love antique shops where they are set up like a house....kitchen stuff in kitchen...garden items outside, ect

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...