Vintage ~ Handmade ~ Homes ~ Gardens

Saturday 5 February 2011

Regent Street Anthropologie

Made a short trip into London yesterday to meet my son for lunch. Very conveniently he works for Apple and just across the road is my favourite shop Anthropologie http://www.anthropologie.eu/uk/page/home - like I needed an excuse! I had some time to spare so I took a stroll along Berwick Street, home of the London rag trade, to browse all the fabric shops. I knew you would love this sewing shop below with its vintage inspired window display. Aren't those blue vintage buttons gorgeous?


Tucked away off a side street I spied Duck Lane. I love these old street names (my favourite is a country road near me in Hertfordshire called Trotters Bottom - yes really!).


Berwick Street is in Soho, London's red light district, but don't be put off as its actually full of lovely old independent shops like this wonderful Italian deli.



So anyway on with my mission to Anthro.... and no I didn't have to traverse the Amazon jungle. This is the inside of Anthropologie! A huge wall covered in wonderful vegetation.



Lots of lovely bits and bobs


I confess to have something of an ironmongery fetish


And beautiful displays, like this


And this...


Inspired...


Isn't this display great?


Now look at the bottom of the picture above. See those little cups? They featured different animals - cats, dogs, foxes -  and had beautiful gold handles. I was tempted so I picked one up and looked at the price on the bottom of the cup. £56. No that is not a typo, they were £56 each! Well I was prepared to pay more for something beautiful but goodness me! Drinking out of one of those would be like having tea with Hyacinth Bucket, all shaky hands wouldn't it?

Not everything is quite so pricey thankfully.  Here's some more mouthwatering images from Anthropolgie stores around the world.


















Enjoy the rest of the weekend xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Louise - that is one place that I yearn to visit, just to look at the displays, thanks for the visit!
    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...