Vintage ~ Handmade ~ Homes ~ Gardens

Sunday 27 February 2011

New shoots

Early spring always lifts my spirits and it was great to get out into the garden today. Clearing away the winter debris it was great to see all the new shoots coming through after such a long, cold winter.


I love the zingy yellows and lime greens of spring. Forsythia (below) offers the first splash of yellow of the season.












Good old reliable geraniums. The first perennial to put in an appearance every year.


No sooner have you cut down the gorgeous autumn reds of sedums heads than the new green buds come bursting through. 





I've chosen citrus shades for the house too this week



I'm can't wait for the new gardening season to get into full swing can you?

1 comment:

  1. Your garden looks cosy, Louise !
    Beautiful with those spring colors and ornaments !
    I'm looking forward to garden too.
    Have a nice week,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...