Vintage ~ Handmade ~ Homes ~ Gardens

Monday 25 October 2010

Questions, questions...

Some questions have been posed to fellow bloggers over at a lovely blog called Coco Rose Textiles 
http://cocorosetextiles.blogspot.com/2010/10/falling-behind 
So with feet up and a cup of tea I thought I would take the time to answer...

What age were you when you were at your most happiest?
I think being in my thirties was a great age to be. I'm in my 50s now and although I don't like the physical ageing process (I'm vain I confess!) I care far less what people think of me and am much happier for it. 

What is your most played song?
Thunder Road - beautiful lyrics, great melody, sung with such passion! His music has been the soundtrack to my life.

What is your most favourite food and least favourite food?
I love cheese. My Dad called me Mouse when I was a little girl I ate so much! I detest Brussel Sprouts - they are the devils business!

One regret?
I joined a choir last year called Rock Choir www.rockchoir.com and discovered I could sing! I wish  I had known this when I was younger as it's so much fun! 

Favourite tv programme or film?
I love film so choosing just one is is impossible. I'm a big fan of films by the Coen Brothers. I also like old Hollywood films like Singing in the Rain and All About Eve 

Ideal job?
I'm nearing the end of my career as a manager in the NHS and I see 'retirement' as an opportunity to start a second career in something more creative. I love fashion, interiors, gardening and making things like soft furnishings and I'd like to start a small business that used my creative talents in some way.
Favourite flower?
I particularly love roses and peonies, white hydrangea, and of course lilac! The scent is so wonderful. I have a tree in my front garden. When it is (oh so briefly) in bloom I have seen people stop and positively swoon at the aroma!
Lilacs in my garden

OK so now you know a little bit more about me how about you?

Who has been the greatest influence in your life?
What is your favourite colour in the home?
Up with the lark  or a night owl?
Favourite book?
Cappuccino or a cup of tea? 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for taking part! It was lovely to get to know you and I loved your answers! I am with you on the flowers, and I would LOVE to have lilacs at my door!

    Have a super day!

    Vanessa xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...